The CNI Team
|Laima Baltusis is the MRI Facility Manager. Researchers who are interested in becoming users at the facility should contact her regarding requirements for access to the facility, safety training, operational questions, and equipment information.
Availability: MTWTF 9-6pm
Contact: email, (650) 725-8382
Office: RM 061
|Adam Kerr is the Research Director for the CNI, as well as a Sr. Research Engineer in Electrical Engineering in the MRSRL Lab. His research areas have included SMS and other fast imaging sequences for both body and neuro applications, RF pulse design, B1 mapping, parallel transmit RF pulse design, high-field imaging, and hyperpolarized C13 imaging.
Availability: M: 12-5pm, T: 8-5pm, W: 8-12pm, F: 8am-12pm
Contact: email, (650) 725-0051
Office: RM 070
|Michael Perry has also been involved with the CNI for years. Michael manages all things IT at the CNI. He is responsible for the center’s data management and processing infrastructure as well as all deployed web applications including Flywheel, NIMS, the CNI Wiki, and this very website.
Availability: M: 7am-1pm, W: 12-4pm, TH: 7am-4pm, F: 7am-12pm
Contact: email, (650) 724-1419
Office: RM 068
|Hua Wu is the CNI MR Physicist and software engineer. Hua is helping to implement new pulse sequences and MR-related functionality to our data management system.
Availability: MTWTF 9-6pm
Contact: email, (650) 723-0967
Office: RM 069
- Matt Middione is a Visiting Scholar from GE Healthcare. Matt works with the CNI team to deploy new pulse sequences.
|Robert Dougherty was the Research Director at the Stanford Center for Cognitive and Neurobiological Imaging. Bob has moved on to an opportunity at Mindstrong, an exciting new startup in the Valley.|
|Gunnar Schaefer is now leading the engineering effort on SciTran SDM – the successor to NIMS.|
|Reno Bowen left us to work at TuneIn Radio and is now a front-end developer at Nest.|
|Atsushi Takahashi was a Visiting Scholar from GE Healthcare. He is now the Assistant Director at the McGovern Institute for Brain research at MIT.|
|Christian Pötter is a Master student in Electrical Engineering from the RWTH Aachen University. Chris is working on novel model fitting for incoherently aliased multislice diffusion.|
|Kangrong Zhu is a PhD student in Electrical Engineering from the MRSRL Lab. Kangrong is focused on developing new methods for simultaneous multi-slice EPI.|
|Tiffany Jou is a PhD student in Electrical Engineering from the MRSRL Lab. Tiffany is developing a new BOLD measurement sequence based on steady-state free precession (SSFP).|
The CNI Advisory Board meets regularly to discuss issues pertaining to the operation of the facility, including staffing, information technology, equipment purchases, training, and funding. The Board is a multidisciplinary group with members from both academic and administrative backgrounds. Questions regarding Board activities should be directed to Professor Brian Wandell.
- Brian Wandell is the Stein Family Professor in the Department of Psychology and the Director of the CNI.
- Adam Kerr is the Research Director of the CNI.
- Anthony Wagner is Professor in the Department of Psychology.
- Anthony Norcia is Research Professor in the Department of Psychology.
- Bruce McCandliss is Professor in the Graduate School of Education.
- Carolyn Rodriguez is Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Clinical Lab Director of the CNI.
- Hank Greely is Deane F. and Kate Edelman Johnson Professor of Law.
- John Pauly is Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Information Systems Laboratory.
- Kalanit Grill-Spector is Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology.
- Leanne Williamsis Research Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
- Michael Greicius is Assistant Professor of Neurology and Neurological Sciences.